[Xastir] New Xastir virtual machine with Xubuntu 8.04 available.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 11 17:48:08 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 03:42:50PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> Thanks to the enthusiasm of Lee Bengston, there is a new pre-built Xastir
> virtual machine running the latest version of Xubuntu (Ubuntu with the
> lightweight Xfce desktop) available.
>
> Lee was motivated to create the machine and sent it to me for testing, and
> I updated it with the very latest VMware tools available in VMware Workstation.
> This means that as of this new virtual machine, it is no longer necessary to
> do strange things to get the desktop resized to match your window --- the
> newest VMware tools "autofit" the desktop to whatever window you have as soon
> as you log in to the VM.  Thereafter, it will autofit again if you resize the
> window.  This takes at least a little hassle out of using it.

Oh, yeah, and another feature of the new vmware-tools: cut/paste of files
now works between guest and host machines, so arcane tricks to copy files
between windows and linux are no longer necessary.  This takes at least a
lot of hassle out of using it.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson