[Xastir] New Xastir virtual machine with Xubuntu 8.04 available.

Dick Repasky dick.repasky at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:24:30 EDT 2008

Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I'll ask the same question of this one:  I know you're developing an
> appliance, but will it support updating the Xastir bits without
> having to release another version of the appliance?

Yes. To be honest I've been lazy and have used the xastir package that
is in Ubuntu (1.9.0). The package manager and updater are both present,
and everything can be updated.  There is no reason that compilers and
development libraries cannot also be installed and xastir installed from
source rather than from the distro package.

> I'd _love_ to see the runlevel stuff described above combined with
> the VM Lee just did (and Tom tweaked).  That'd be a heck of a nice
> system for beginners and for EOC/SAR/Public Event operators.

I'm game for contributing the mods and maintaining them.

Dick