[Xastir] Xastir LSB - PCLinuxOS TinyMe

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 11 23:40:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Try either of these:
>
>     /opt/Xastir/bin/xastir &
>
> or
>
>     cd /opt/Xastir/bin
>     ./xastir &

There are several more ways to make it easier to run Xastir from
non-path locations.  Probably more yet that I won't think of here
too.

*) Change your path.
*) Link to xastir from a directory that is in your path.
*) Make an alias in your shell.
*) Link to xastir from your home directory.
*) Create a shell script that calls Xastir, put it in your path or
   in your home directory.
*) Copy the xastir binary to a directory in your path (less
   recommended than a link 'cuz it can get out of date).

When you log in you'll probably be in your home directory.  The
easiest thing then is this:

    cd
    ln -s /opt/Xastir/bin/xastir

Then to run Xastir, be in your home directory ("cd" will get you
there if you're somewhere else) and type:

    ./xastir &

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer