[Xastir] Xastir LSB - PCLinuxOS TinyMe

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 11 23:34:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Lee Bengston wrote:

> I downloaded and expanded the February version of the LSB Xastir, but
> when I try to execute it, I get the following.
>
> [tinyme at localhost bin]$ ls
> callpass*  gm*  xastir*  xastir_udp_client*
> [tinyme at localhost bin]$ xastir
> bash: xastir: command not found
>
> I did the ls from the opt/Xastir/bin directory, and the xastir
> executable is there.  Even when I try to execute from the same
> directory, it doesn't work.

It's because the /opt/Xastir/bin/ directory is not in your path.

Try either of these:

    /opt/Xastir/bin/xastir &

or

    cd /opt/Xastir/bin
    ./xastir &

> Do I need this opt/Xastir/bin directory in the path even if I execute
> from the directory itself?

No, you shouldn't.

If you have a ~/.xastir/ directory from a non-LSB version of Xastir
on the system, you'll have to move that out of the way so that the
paths gets set right in the config file when you run Xastir.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer