[Xastir] Re: Xastir LSB - PCLinuxOS TinyMe

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:25:04 EDT 2008

Thanks, Tony - I didn't bother to try to compile from source, either,
given what appeared to be scant repositories.  I installed TinyMe
under VMware, and it seems quite happy in that environment.  I'm in it
right now using the Opera browser.  The attraction is that the TinyMe
virtual machine compressed is less than 400MB, which is significantly
smaller than what we normally see on a more standard distro like
Xubuntu.  Combine that with a lower memory requirement, and it could
be a decent alternative for PC's that have less memory and hard drive
space to allocate to a virtual machine.

Regards,
Lee