[Xastir] Compiling help

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 18 00:33:52 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:46:06PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <k1lnx at k1lnx.net> flavor, containing:
> I'm attempting to compile/install Xastir 1.9.3 on Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit. I
> installed all the dependencies (the best I can tell anyhow), but I can't
> seem to get map caching support enabled?

You need the libdb4.6 and libdb4.6-dev packages, either with apt-get or
Synaptic .  Also, make sure that no other versions of the -dev package exist.
Unfortunately, there appears to be some kind of packaging dependency error and
if you had previously installed libdb4.5 and libdb4.5-dev, and a system update
install libdb4.6, it doens't automagically install libdb4.6-dev properly.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson