[Xastir] XASTIR and openSUSE 11

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:28:36 EDT 2008

Hello,

Well, compiling looked good with OpenSUSE 11, but I have what appears
to be the same unreadable menu issue that has been reported
previously.  This is not the slider menu problem with the newer
version of openMotif.  Virtually all text is not readable as shown by
the screen shot at
http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/screenshot/Xastir-SUSE_11.jpg

I used openMotif version 2.24 (same that worked with OpenSUSE 10.2)

The configure text is at
http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/text/config-Suse_11.txt
if anyone wants to take a look.

This isn't urgent - just playin' around with the new SUSE distro.  I
couldn't find a solution looking through my saved mail.  Also, I am
not seeing anything unusual in the terminal.

lee at linux-mg3i:~> xastir &
[1] 3438
lee at linux-mg3i:~>

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many
formats allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via wget)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
festival_client: connect to server failed
SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Indexing maps...
Finished indexing maps
*** Reading WX Alert log files
*** Done with WX Alert log files
convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too low):4279973625

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX