[Xastir] Winlink stations on APRS-IS

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 24 12:46:27 EDT 2008

APRS Objects are being posted to the APRS-IS by Winlink.  I tried to
get station info on a Canadian callsign and noticed the "FCC" button
lit up instead of the "RAC" button.  This is because the originating
"station" posting them is "APWL2K" instead of a Canadian callsign.
Very confusing!

Xastir sees the "A" in the origination station field and assumes a
U.S. callsign posted the object.

I'd rather not do this:

  Add a special-case to look for "APWL2K" in the originating station
  field:  If found use the Object name as the callsign instead.

Any ideas for fixing this?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer