[Xastir] Lockups on a fresh system

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Wed Jun 25 03:59:19 EDT 2008

Alex Carver wrote:

> [...]
I know this was a couple of weeks ago but I finally started getting
lockups with bulletins turned on, but I can't be absolutely sure of
what's causing them. I first suspected xfbb because it appeared to
happen around housekeeping at 2.00am, but the next night the time was
different, and then it happened through the day when, in a sense,
nothing was happening except the usual apps - fpac, fbb, xastir - were
running. The system has been stable for near two years so it's hard to
point the finger at the "usual" things.

The only thing different that I did over the weekend was to change the
zoom level on the maps I use. I normally run 270 to see the local digi
coverage area but I took this to 700 to keep an eye on a mobile about
150km away. In total, the machine locked up 4 times in two days.

Since turning off bulletins, and retaining zoom 700, the machine hasn't
locked up again.

The maps are topographic maps, if that is significant.

Ray vk2tv