[Xastir] internet server config?

Fred Erickson frederickson at iname.com
Sun Jun 29 19:36:56 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 18:47 -0400, Christopher D. Thompson wrote:
> Finally getting around to setting up xastir again after a system failure that
> caused me to reinstall the entire computer system. It seems I have made some
> error in my configuration of the Internet server connection though.
>
> rotate.aprs.net
> port 14580
> and my call sign passcode is all in the configuration
>
> I've tried with the m/500 filter and without but seem to not be getting any
> data even though xastir shows a connection up and running with the server.
>
> anyone have a suggestion? maybe I'm using a wrong server name? or there's a
> better sever config to use? I'll continue to google but hoping someone here
> that uses APRS though the server will spot my error and point it out since i
> seem to be missing it.

Since no one else has replied:

I'm just a novice xastir user myself but your settings look ok to me and
I just checked my computer and the servers are up.

Just check the obvious I guess, re-generate your passcode, make sure the
proper buttons are checked, station configuration etc.

Port not blocked?

gd luck