[Xastir] internet server config?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 22:39:34 EDT 2008

Assuming the passcode is OK, you probably need to send your position -
you won't get data until you do so.

If you have "disable transmit: all" or "disable transmit: my position"
selected on the interface menu, you prevent xastir from sending the
position report that will allow the filter to work.  There's also an
"allow transmitting" button on the individual interface settings.

If you tend to operate with transmit inhibited (i do this on a machine
that I play around with a lot, and don't want to spew garbage to RF or
the IS) there's a radius filter.  It takes whole degrees, which isn't
super fine, but I notice you're using a 500 km radius, so it should
work OK.

You can check your server connection (passcode, etc) by connecting to
the server without a filter to see what comes down the pipe.

-Jason
kg4wsv