[Xastir] internet server config?

Christopher D. Thompson kf4drr at windstream.net
Sun Jun 29 23:36:58 EDT 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 10:39:34 pm Jason KG4WSV wrote:
> Assuming the passcode is OK, you probably need to send your position -
> you won't get data until you do so.
>
> If you have "disable transmit: all" or "disable transmit: my position"
> selected on the interface menu, you prevent xastir from sending the
> position report that will allow the filter to work.  There's also an
> "allow transmitting" button on the individual interface settings.
>
> If you tend to operate with transmit inhibited (i do this on a machine
> that I play around with a lot, and don't want to spew garbage to RF or
> the IS) there's a radius filter.  It takes whole degrees, which isn't
> super fine, but I notice you're using a 500 km radius, so it should
> work OK.
>
> You can check your server connection (passcode, etc) by connecting to
> the server without a filter to see what comes down the pipe.
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

Thanks fellas, I had already tried removing the filter string thinking maybe
it was something with the filter, that wasn't it. after while i stumbled
across the aprsfl.aprs2.net server on a google search and tried it. about 10
min after connecting to the server it started downloading stations with the
filter in place. xastir is a little slow to start seeing stations on start up
but is up and working with that server configuration in place.

--
Christopher D. Thompson
kf4drr at windstream.net