[Xastir] Xastir development snapshot

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jun 29 23:19:31 EDT 2008

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, David wrote:

> Hi Curt...have just d/l,compiled and installed this new version......love it
> ...the fonts look great and are much easier to read.....Xastir goes very well
> on my Kubuntu 8.04 system....

Of course I've changed it since then:  The menu font (system font)
and station text font are now saved in the
~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file.  You can shut down Xastir,
hand-edit that file to change the font, then start it up again to
see what it looks like.

xfontsel and xfd are two font tools that you can use to see what
fonts are installed on your system and what they look like.

Hopefully later I or someone else can either add a new font
selection dialog for them, or add them to the font selection dialog
for the map fonts.  At that point you won't have to hand-edit the
config file to change these.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer