[Xastir] installing xastir from fedora repositories

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:06:55 EST 2008

Hello,

Some weeks ago I started to try Fedora 8 and AX25. Fedora 8 solved a
lot of problems having ax25 already compiled as a module. It is just
matter of loading the module, no more compiling custom kernels. The
development of the Fedora Ham SIG has gone so fast that the things
that I were struggling a month ago, by now are solved with just a YUM
command.

In these tests I worked a little with Xastir using the ax25
implementation. Because I am working in spanish guide to fedora and
ax25, I formatted my computer to test what you really need to have in
order to setup ax25. It really is just the yum command for libax25,
ax25-tools and ax25apps. But Now I am going to install Xastir again.
Now Xastir is included on the repositories.

Reviewing the Xastir wep page, specially the howto:fedora, I
understand that the only change is that now, instead of using CVS to
obtain and install Xastir, I will use YUM. The rest remains the same.

Have anyone tested this?