[Xastir] IGating APRS OBJECTS?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 6 13:14:06 EST 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Marek Kozubal wrote:

> My station is W1CLA-1 and the raw packet from the script looks like this
> (taken from FindU after it went out on the net):
> W1CLA-1>APVR30,TCPIP*,qAC,T2POLAND:;IRLP-4942*061745z4218.46NI07108.24W0446325-146IDLE
>
> Ideally any of these sorts of OBJECTs that come through I think should be
> forwarded to RF since there are at least 3 other of these nodes near by.
>
> Under the interface settings for the TNC, i have
>
> Path 1: APX190 via WIDE2-2
> Path 2: APX190 via is blank
> Path 3: APX190 via is blank
> IGate -> RF Path: WIDE2-2
>
> and allow INet->RF & RF->INet is selected.

Enable that for each interface (Properties dialog) you wish to
transmit the stuff, plus enable the same option in
File->Configure->Defaults.

See "README" and the Xastir online help (inside the program itself,
the "Configure Default Operation" section) WRT the nws-stations.txt
file.  This is the file which tells Xastir which "FROM" callsigns to
gate data to RF for.

By default Xastir only gates messages and message ack's/nak's
to/from RF if you enable the INet->RF options.