[Xastir] IGating APRS OBJECTS?

Marek Kozubal marek at portents.com
Thu Mar 6 13:05:51 EST 2008

Hello!

I have recently installed a script onto my EchoIRLP node computer that
puts the IRLP status out as an object packet to APRS. The script only
sends the information to the internet.  I want my XAstir IGate to forward
this packet to RF when it comes over the internet, esp since the IGate and
the repeater are at the same location.

I've only seen my object packet from another digipeter near by and not
coming out my own.

My station is W1CLA-1 and the raw packet from the script looks like this
(taken from FindU after it went out on the net):
W1CLA-1>APVR30,TCPIP*,qAC,T2POLAND:;IRLP-4942*061745z4218.46NI07108.24W0446325-146IDLE

Ideally any of these sorts of OBJECTs that come through I think should be
forwarded to RF since there are at least 3 other of these nodes near by.

Under the interface settings for the TNC, i have

Path 1: APX190 via WIDE2-2
Path 2: APX190 via is blank
Path 3: APX190 via is blank
IGate -> RF Path: WIDE2-2

and allow INet->RF & RF->INet is selected.

So is there a way to do this w/xastir? If there isn't, why not?  It seems
that xastir really doesn't like gating much of anything from the internet
to RF, even when it seems like the right thing it should be doing...
Course I might just have the path settings wrong since I can't find
specific documentation on the screen in question with these settings...

I am currently running 1.9.0 but can upgrade to 1.9.2 if need be.

-Marek, KB1NCG