[Xastir] XASTIR on iPhone / iPod touch

Mark White jmarkw at ec.rr.com
Fri Mar 7 14:44:07 EST 2008

Jason KG4WSV wrote:
> There's no X11, and the whole Apple approach to this thing seems to be
> hostile toward the concept of "free".  I've got one, but the more I
> learn about it the less I like the Apple mentality toward it.
>
> Hmm, I wonder if the iPhone apps store would "sell" an app with a $0
> price?  That doesn't leave Steve with much for his 30% cut.
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv
Now now.  Selling software for profit isn't a crime.  Just a different,
but equally valid concept than what you're willing to put up with.
Besides, X11 on an embedded environment is just plain crazy talk.  There
are embedded versions of both Qt and GTK+ however.  I've never heard of
an embedded Motif though...