[Xastir] make radar images see-through?

William Gery wgery at kc.rr.com
Sat Mar 15 14:33:43 EDT 2008

I noticed that you are using the link that points to only one NWS web
site. If this site is down or can not process the radar data you will
not receive the latest image.

The Url should be

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/RadarImg/N0Z/ATL_N0Z_0.gif

The above URL is load balanced between the main NWS web farms whch all
have this data.

Also, If you know of a change in the that could be made to the gif image
as it is generated to help with its overlying, Please let me know and I
will be sure that it gets added to the requirements.

Bill

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 09:44 -0400, Scott Nolde N4CI wrote:
> My next thought is to look in the .geo file for the file and adjust
> transparency there.
> #GEO file generated from NWS radar GFW file
> #nws2geo.py by Tom White, K5EHX, tom at k5ehx.net
>
> URL     http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/RadarImg/N0Z/ATL_N0Z_0.gif
> TIEPOINT        1       1       -126.850367     52.187727
> TIEPOINT        600     550     -118.123094     44.187727
> IMAGESIZE 600 550
> REFRESH 300
> TRANSPARENT 0x000000000
> #OPTIONAL PARAMS
> GAMMA 2
> #CONTRAST 0.5
> #NEGATE
> #EQUALIZE
> #NORMALIZE
> #LEVEL
>
> Does that help?
> - Scott, N4CI
>

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Scott Nolde N4CI <kd5zef at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  > You can adjust the map intensity under Map -> configure -> Map Intensity.
> >
> >  That just makes it dark, doesn't change the transparency...
> >
> >  -Jason
> >  kg4wsv

William Gery - KA2FNK
Office 816-268-3152