[Xastir] Feature Request re: Shapefile maps

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 17 23:10:45 EDT 2008

All,

A script could be written and run under root/sudo privileges that does
the WGET, then puts in zero length files as placeholders if there are no
files present in the download package. Xastir would have to accept zero
length as a legit file.

Now, there would have to be some way of forcing a map regen to update
these files. I know that when I get down to county level, the rendering
does take a bit.

This would be a good help at displaying SBW's since they are not coming
over WXSVR, at least here.

Now back to my Irish Coffee.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO