[Xastir] Displaying .geo maps

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 23:28:08 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Phil <phillor at telstra.com> wrote:

> Thank you for reading this.
>
> I've just rejoined the xastir list after a rest from amateur radio. I have
> installed xastir version 1.9.2 and although it installed correctly I
> cannot
> display .geo maps. This is the error message:
>
> Error: File format not supported by XPM library: Australia.geo
>
> Configure says that I don't have Xm/XpmI.h. However, xm.h can be found at
> /usr/include/Xm./xm.h, but not xpmi.h.
>
> I also have the following installed:
>
> libxpm4
>
> libxpm-devel
>
> lesstif
>
> liblesstif2
>
> liblesstif-devel
>
> imagemagick
>
> I've tried various file formats including gif, jpg and xpm. Can anyone see
> what
> I've forgotten?
>
> By the way, the operating system is Mandriva 2008.
>
> Regards,
> Phil. <http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir>

It has been a while since I played with Mandriva, but when I did, I
documented what worked at the link below.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Mandriva

I'm guessing your issue is motif/lesstif related.  Lesstif usually produces
annoying menu text issues in Xastir, anyway, so it might be worthwhile to
switch to openMotif.  The last time I looked, the version in the Mandriva
repository was the older 2.2.x that does not have the bug that affects the
Xastir timing menu, i.e. it's the one we want.  The package to be installed
is libopenmotif3-devel, which I believe will also install libopenmotif3 as a
dependency.

Regards,
Lee-K5DAT