[Xastir] RE: Xastir and Slackware Slax

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Mar 23 07:09:48 EDT 2008

Well Ive biten the bullet and taken the advice. I am trying to compile
xastir on Slax. Some problems in the usual area with OpenMotif. I can
use a little util to convert Slackware packages to Slax modules which
might be handy at some point.

Ive tried to tacks with this so far.
Downloaded and compiled OpenMotif from source. This takes a long time
and I get this in the end

18List.Tpo -c I18List.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/I18List.o
I18List.c:23:28: error: X11/bitmaps/gray: No such file or directory
I18List.c: In function 'CreateGCs':
I18List.c:2074: error: 'gray_bits' undeclared (first use in this function)
I18List.c:2074: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
I18List.c:2074: error: for each function it appears in.)
I18List.c:2075: error: 'gray_width' undeclared (first use in this function)
I18List.c:2075: error: 'gray_height' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [I18List.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/openmotif-2.3.0/lib/Xm'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/openmotif-2.3.0/lib/Xm'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/openmotif-2.3.0/lib'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

SO I gave that a way and grabbed a Slackware package v2.2.2 converted
the tgz to a lzm Slax module and loaded it. It appeared to work. So then
I compiled xastir without ImageMagick for now, although I think I may
have had Imagemagick working at some point.

xastir appeared to compile ok but
I ended up with xastir doing this on execute. No idea what this means or
how to solve it.
 From what I can see it might be a part of libmotif3 .

bash-3.1# xastir &
xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open
[1] 17599
[1]+  Exit 127                xastir

Tony VK5AH