[Xastir] RE: Xastir and Slackware Slax

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Mar 23 08:36:46 EDT 2008

Well here we go again.. Ive got xastir going.. I used the Slackware pkgtool
and loaded Openmotif 2.3.0 for Slackw 12 and ImageMagick 6.3.3 also.

Xastir compiles and runs but has a strange problem that I have not seen
before.
The Menu texts are missing. There are just small boxes in place of the Text
on all menus. making it a real memory test to drive xastir. What is this
issue ?

Maybee its a language file problem as it reminds me of some foreign language
web pages from Asia which are unreadable. Or maybee its a problem with
OpenMotif ..
I am using the Feb 4th xastir 1.9.3 version. When it configures it complains
about not being able to find gdal but I cant see the relavance of this
either..
Ideas anyone ??

Tony Hunt  VK5AH