[Xastir] RE: Xastir and Slackware Slax

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:22:54 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Tony Hunt <wavetel at internode.on.net> wrote:

> None of the Menu Title texts or internal texts (in the menus) is in any
> language that is readable. Its just a collection of various sized boxes in
> place of the text. Xastir seems to run ok but its near impossible to
> configure from the GUI menus.

Now that I think about it, for me the openMotif bug only affected the slider
labels in the Timings menu (and I believe one other menu item that uses
sliders).  Most menus were fine.  So there is something else going on here
perhaps, but I'm not sure what it is.  Does the terminal from which you
launch Xastir show any errors?

Thanks for the OpenMotif 2.2.2/Slackware info - not sure how I would have
missed that before.  The next time I try to get things going in VectorLinux,
I'll see if I can do anything with it.  VL was on my native Linux box for a
while, but that one is running Mepis 7.0 these days. I think I still have a
Vector virtual machine on the Windows box I can play with, though.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT