[Xastir] RE: Xastir and Slackware Slax

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 25 03:59:58 EDT 2008

Yep .. I am starting to think along the same lines Curt .. Thanks for
following the thread..

I grabbed Xastir 1.92 stable and tried that in case there was some issue
with 1.93. Ive compiled 1.92 without Raster map support to keep it simple as
well.

Its the same deal. The Menus have titles on them on the Top Title bar like
Interface control and Send Message Box 1 .. But the internal text is just
unreadable little boxes..

There are No errors generated when I execute it from a console which is what
I tend to do these days most of the time. The world map comes up fine on the
screen and I even stole a xastir.cnf file from my Ubuntu LSB install and
edited some of the file paths in there to make it work.. And it does appear
work receiving and plotting on the map.

So like Curt I am starting to wonder about Fonts. I have no idea where and
how to fix fonts in slackware/slax ..

Anybody ??

Tony Hunt  VK5AH