[Xastir] xastir list server overly aggressive in DSBL use?

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) hylton at conacher.co.za
Fri May 2 10:23:31 EDT 2008

Jason Winningham wrote:
> I just tried to send a message to the list from gmail, and the xastir
> list server bounced it based on some DSBL excuse.
>
> Is the xastir list server being overly aggressive, is DSBL broken, or what?

Neither Jason.

As a computer system engineer I thought you would have known that list
servers, at least to my knowledge, only accept email from the address
that is registered with the list i.e. jdw at eng.uah.edu
If you also subscribed to the group using your GMail account you would
then receive a copy of each list post at both your GMail address and
jdw at eng.uah.edu address. You would however also be able to email the
list from GMail as your GMail address is registered with the group.

Does this explain it? If not please send me a pvt message from your
GMail account and perhaps I can shed more light on the matter but
unfortunately not fix it if the list is at fault.

73 de ZR1HPC
Hylton