[Xastir] xastir list server overly aggressive in DSBL use?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri May 2 10:33:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)
<hylton at conacher.co.za> wrote:

>  As a computer system engineer

Oops, left the work signature turned on...

> I thought you would have known that list
>  servers, at least to my knowledge, only accept email from the address
>  that is registered with the list i.e. jdw at eng.uah.edu
>  If you also subscribed to the group using your GMail account you would
>  then receive a copy of each list post at both your GMail address and
>  jdw at eng.uah.edu address.

As I currently run an email server for several domains (including a
mailman list server) and have done so for years, I'm passingly
familiar with the systems involved. |:

I am subscribed to the xastir list with both addresses.  I put the
eng.uah.edu in silent mode (I forget mailman's term for it) and
receive the email at gmail; this way I can send a message to the list
from either address, as both are subscribed to the list, but I only
receive one copy of the list messages.

Completely beyond the mailman list server behavior, though, is the
fact that this is occuring at the SMTP level before the message ever
even gets to mailman.  It's an SMTP issue, not a mailman issue or
EEBKAC.

-Jason
kg4wsv