[Xastir] xastir list server overly aggressive in DSBL use?

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) hylton at conacher.co.za
Fri May 2 12:04:21 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

Jason KG4WSV wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)
> <hylton at conacher.co.za> wrote:
>
>>  As a computer system engineer
>
> Oops, left the work signature turned on...
>
>> I thought you would have known that list
>>  servers, at least to my knowledge, only accept email from the address
>>  that is registered with the list i.e. jdw at eng.uah.edu
>>  If you also subscribed to the group using your GMail account you would
>>  then receive a copy of each list post at both your GMail address and
>>  jdw at eng.uah.edu address.
>
> As I currently run an email server for several domains (including a
> mailman list server) and have done so for years, I'm passingly
> familiar with the systems involved. |:
>
> I am subscribed to the xastir list with both addresses.  I put the
> eng.uah.edu in silent mode (I forget mailman's term for it) and
> receive the email at gmail; this way I can send a message to the list
> from either address, as both are subscribed to the list, but I only
> receive one copy of the list messages.
>
> Completely beyond the mailman list server behavior, though, is the
> fact that this is occuring at the SMTP level before the message ever
> even gets to mailman.  It's an SMTP issue, not a mailman issue or
> EEBKAC.
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

Tnx and sorry for assuming you do not know about lists Oh Master :)

I am afraid you are way ahead of me technology wise, and so I cannot
solve your problem. I do however hope you come right, possibly by
testing each address and Cc'ing yourself on list posts. With a return
receipt set, it might identify the source of the problem and allow
corrective action.

Regards
Hylton