[Xastir] VMWare Network issue

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed May 14 21:12:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 09:00:53PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> flavor, containing:
> I just tried to setup the VMWare version of Xastir on my laptop.
>
> I ran into one problem - no network support. The laptop is connected to a
> wireless network. Any ideas/pointers to where I may find the solution?

Make sure the vm is set to "NAT" for its virtual ethernet.  That *should* just
route everything through your laptop's network connection.

You could also have firewall issues.  What are you using for firewall software?
I've seen Issues with ZoneAlarm.  There's a workaround (mentioned on the
Wiki) but it's been ages since I've done it so I can't provide more detail.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson