[Xastir] Xastir ./configure setup

Tyler Parsons Tyler at Parsons-Surveying.com
Sun May 18 11:47:42 EDT 2008

I'm trying to get Xastir-1.9.3 setup on a spare machine and get the
following when I run ./configure:

tyler at tyler-ubuntudesktop:~/xastir-1.9.3$ ./configure

checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk

Configuring xastir 1.9.3

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for gawk... (cached) mawk
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for devices... found /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1
checking for search paths... done
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking for cc_r... gcc
checking whether compiler accepts -Wno-unused-parameter... yes
checking for compiler flags... using -g -O2 -pipe -W -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused-parameter -pthread
checking for system... Linux
checking for gm... /usr/bin/gm
checking for /usr/bin/gm.exe... no
checking for lpr... /usr/bin/lpr
checking for gv... no
checking for festival... no
checking for gpsman... /usr/bin/gpsman
checking for X... no
configure: error: *** No X11!  Install X-Windows development
headers/libraries! ***

As far as I can determine X11 IS installed. I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and
there very definitely is an X11 directory and a bunch of X11 files in it.
What else do I need? Any help is appreciated.

I tried 1.9.0 (downloaded and installed using the package manager), but
there didn't appear to be support for a Lacrosse WS-2308 weather
station. 1.9.3 has a whole subdirectory.

Tyler
WB7DDL