[Xastir] Xastir ./configure setup

kc7zru kc7zru at kc7zru.net
Sun May 18 13:11:52 EDT 2008

Tyler,

You need to install the X development packages for your system. These
are the headers and other files (libraries) other programs use to
compile against X. Not just the binaries you already have installed to
run X. If you were to install a precompiled, binary of Xastir - you
wouldn't need the development packages. But, since you're compiling from
source, the compilers need other information to 'play nice' with your
existing system.

You may well run into more development packages that are needed before
you get a successful compile.

I don't use Ubuntu and don't know how their package management works,
but on Fedora, you'd run (as root or use sudo):
yum groupinstall "X Software Development" <enter>

I'm sure Ubuntu has something similar.
A quick google yields this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/7.10/server/C/package-management.html
At the least, that should get you on the right track.

73, Tate

Tyler Parsons wrote:
> I'm trying to get Xastir-1.9.3 setup on a spare machine and get the
> following when I run ./configure:
>
> tyler at tyler-ubuntudesktop:~/xastir-1.9.3$ ./configure

  ::snip::