[Xastir] Xastir ./configure setup

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun May 18 14:10:10 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> The collection of packages needed to build Xastir on Ubuntu versions 6.10
> and 7.04 are on the Xastir wiki at http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu_6.10
>
> Very little has changed between 7.04 and 8.04 in this department, so the
> instructions will get you close.  There are a few packages that have
> version numbers in their names, and those are probably not going to work ---
> just use Synaptic to grab whatever more recent package of the same base
> name exists now.
>
> The wiki page should get you going just fine once you get the correct packages
> installed.

I did an installation 1 week ago on Xubuntu 8.04.  I didn't log every
detail as I went, but as I recall it should follow the 6.10
instructions (as opposed to the slightly different 7.10) with one
exception - change libdb4.4-dev to libdb4.5-dev.  I actually used
synaptic to find each package individually in case there were changes,
but the Berkeley DB library was the only one I saw that changed.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX