[Xastir] Fedora 9: yum install xastir - fine business but map help needed

John Dvoracek ke5c at hot.rr.com
Mon May 19 01:15:46 EDT 2008

I was forced into re-installing my Thinkpad T23 when Fedora 7 and
madwifi would no longer cooperate (not that they ever did very well).  I
opted for Fedora 9 and had noticed the earlier posts about an rpm which
I think is fantastic, but I can't get any maps to show and I no longer
can even guess where to look.  All the pieces seem present - Shapelib,
pcre, lcms, ImageMagick, libcurl/wget, libtif, libproj, libgeotiff.
Whether they are talking with xastir I don't know.  The /Online map
files are present, but they are in /usr/share/xastir/maps instead
of /usr/share/local/xastir/maps as mentioned in the README.MAPS - would
that matter?  Have other Fedora 9 users had any map issues?  Thanks!

73 -- John

[root at T23 /]# find / -noleaf -name shapelib*
/usr/share/doc/shapelib-1.2.10
/usr/share/doc/shapelib-1.2.10/shapelib-tools.html

[root at T23 /]# find / -noleaf -name pcre
/usr/share/doc/pcre

etc., etc.