[Xastir] Transmit Shapefile ?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue May 20 18:24:54 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 02:37:48PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> flavor, containing:
> The group that I work with on most events uses a variety of APRS clients.  We
> have UI-View, Xastir, WinAPRS, APRS+SA and AGWTracker. Developing maps (and
> getting them e-mailed before the event) is a painful task, especially when the
> maps change at the last minute. If I had a way to transmit the maps, then
> anyone interested could see them regardless of which APRS client they are
> using and without any need to send them via another route before the event.

Unfortunately, the multline protocol might not help you there, either --- I
have no idea how widely implemented it is in other clients, and as you point
out, the wxsvr.net web site where the protocol is documented (and which
lists the clients that support it) seems to be down.

[...]
> I've done a bit of playing with Tom's code, thus far, I've encountered a
> problem such that if I give the following 3 points
>      Latitude   Longitude
>      N35.000000 W083.000000
>      N34.000000 W084.000000
>      N33.000000 W085.000000
> I would expect a line from upper right to lower left, but the code generates a
> line from upper left to lower right, so there's a problem somewhere.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to look at the code snippet you sent me, it's
a busy week of work and family stuff.  I'll try to see if it's a problem in
what you're passing the code or with the makeMultiline code itself.  All of my
prior testing has been with those ellipses in the test code I sent you,
because that was all I needed.  An error involving the orientation that you're
seeing wouldn't have been exposed in my testing, so I can't guarantee that
makeMultiline is bug-free.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson