[Xastir] bootstrap.sh error

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed May 21 22:44:18 EDT 2008

Hello,

I tried installing XASTIR from CVS today for the first time in
Mandriva 2008.1 (Spring), and I got the following text when executing
the bootstrap.sh script.

6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
    5) Running aclocal...
./bootstrap.sh: line 16: aclocal: command not found
    4) Running autoheader...
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.ac
    3) Running autoconf...
configure.ac:19: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.ac:249: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_GMTOFF
configure.ac:490: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
    2) Running automake...
./bootstrap.sh: line 26: automake: command not found
    1) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Found!
Bootstrap complete.

Automake and autoconf are installed.  It appears automake is not in
the path for some reason.

As a sanity check, I downloaded the March, 2008 Xastir 1.93 tarball
from sourceforge, and it compiled just fine - of course, no bootstrap
required.

Thanks,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX