[Xastir] bootstrap.sh error

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu May 22 01:20:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008, Tom Russo wrote:
>
>> You'll have to make sure automake is installed in a standard path.  It could
>> be that your mandriva package puts it in a strange place or gives it a
>> name other than "automake" (e.g. with a suffix).
>
> If you want to try a "cheat" method, copy "configure" from a recent
> development snapshot and start at the ./configure stage instead of
> the bootstrap.sh stage.  This method should work much of the time.
> Better to get it working the "right" way, but if you're impatient
> and have more difficulties for a while with automake/autoconf, it
> might be worth a shot.

Thanks for the responses.  Speaking of cheating, I'm thinking I could
bootstrap the CVS package from one of my Linux virtual machines in the
Windows box, then ship it over to the Mandriva box and configure it
there.  When I get more time, I would like to figure out what is going
on, though.  I didn't see this problem on the two previous versions of
Mandriva.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX