[Xastir] still trying to install on Fedora 9

kc7zru kc7zru at kc7zru.net
Wed May 28 22:29:09 EDT 2008

Thanks for the heads up on the "add remove software" changes! Looks like
we'll have to go CLI to keep things universal across GUI changes.

I've modified the entry in the Wiki to make it work for releases from F7
to F9 - lemme know what you think.

FWIW, I've built Xastir on 3 different F9 machines using that Wiki
'checklist' - just never had to install the development stuff. The CVS
servers can be slow - very slow - too )@#! slow at times. But they do
work, eventually.

73

ke5c at hot.rr.com wrote:
>  BTW, an earlier part of the wiki doesn't work with Fedora 9. The
package management is quite different in Fedora 9, and there is no
Applications>Add/Remove Software option.  Instead we have
System>Administration>Add/Remove packages but you have to specify
individual packages, not "development tools:.  Below does not exist: