[Xastir] Xastir with TNC2 from Landolt

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 31 12:16:52 EDT 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008, Rainer DL5PD wrote:

> I want to integrate my TNC 2C manufactured by a german company called
> Landolt...

What firmware does that TNC run?  It's quite possible that it's not
TAPR-2 compatible firmware, in which case Xastir won't work with the
regular user-mode command structure.

Does it have KISS mode in it?  If so, you can put it into KISS mode
and open up a Serial KISS TNC interface in Xastir to use it.  When
done and you want to switch back, there's a script that comes with
Xastir called kiss-off.pl you can use to kick the TNC back into
normal command mode.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer