[Xastir] Placing Markers on map

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 1 21:50:35 EDT 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, AC7YY - Kim wrote:

> I played with the 'area objects' tonight. I think these will be a much
> better solution than what we have done on previous flood seasons.

Area objects as in the APRS spec?  Be aware that Xastir implements
them correctly, other clients may not.  Your best bet would probably
be Xastir and APRSdos if you want compatibility in how they look
once received by another station.

If you throw Win/MacAPRS, UI-View, APRS+SA, or any other APRS client
into the mix you'd best do some compatibility tests first so that
you know what you're dealing with.

> The severe weather alert polygons would also be a great solution, but I
> have no idea how to generate the format.

Have you tried CAD objects in Xastir?  Oh yea, you were looking for
something that could be sent across the air, right?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer