[Xastir] Placing Markers on map

AC7YY - Kim ac7yy at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 21:40:58 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 19:28 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, AC7YY - Kim wrote:
>
> > The only way I have thought of to update the county EOC with our city
> > EOC map is to take a screen shot every hour or so and then email that
> > screenshot to the county EOC for viewing.
> >
> > Anyone have a better idea? Sure would like to make it a real-time update
> > and over RF.
>
> Have you seen the severe weather alert polygons?  They look like fat
> dashed lines, in red/white, yellow/green, that sort of thing.  That
> format can be transmitted across the air and received on other
> boxes.  All we'd need is a way to generate the format.
>
> There's an add-on to UI-View to generate them, and of course WXSVR
> generates them from the NOAA alerts.

I really don't want to find a windows box or load a virtual machine on
the server just to run UI-View :) After all its maintained by a dead
guy.

I played with the 'area objects' tonight. I think these will be a much
better solution than what we have done on previous flood seasons.

The severe weather alert polygons would also be a great solution, but I
have no idea how to generate the format.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

73
kim - ac7yy