[Xastir] Audio alarms quirk !

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Apr 5 20:13:27 EDT 2009

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this quirk in the Bandopening audio
alarm ?

If a frame is received via a Igate (3rd party frame) it still has the
ability to trigger the Bandopening alarm which is a bit odd in that if a
message comes through an Igate from afar then often the Igate puts the
corresponding Posit to RF for the remote station.

A simple check of the frames nature (3rd party or not) before qualifying as
real DX would make this excellent feature more useful at my QTH otherwise I
will never enable it.
This could not be too hard to include.

Maybee this has already been addressed . I am using xastir 1.93

Tony Hunt VK5AH