[Xastir] Placing Markers on map

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 6 11:33:03 EDT 2009

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Tom Russo wrote:

> If one were to do it via a mechanism where the user specifies: "create an
> over-the-air object out of this CAD object" then there can be no confusion.
> CAD objects remain local, and only those generated by explicit copying into APRS
> objects are public.  As APRS objects, they've got crash/restart permanence
> (through object.log) and as CAD objects they do, too, through the CAD object
> restart file.  Further, CAD objects look nothing like WXSVR polygons, so there
> can be no visual confusion, either.
>
> All that's needed is the ability to create one from the other.

I agree if there are going to be separate objects created and the
"publish" option is what creates these new objects.  I guess I was
thinking more along the line of a more general facility that would
allow one to mark an object as "public" or "private" no matter what
type of object it was.  This would be useful for the normal APRS
objects as well as the newer CAD objects.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer