[Xastir] Window resizing (fwd)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 7 14:01:06 EDT 2009

FYI.  Message from Gerry.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:10:53 -0400
From: Jerry Stueve <K4INT at ARRL.Net>
To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir at lists.xastir.org>
Subject: Re: [Xastir] Window resizing

OK,

  I went in and folded the Unproto Path entries to a 2x2 layout instead
of a 1x4 layout. This should help the vertically challenged displays.
The CVS repository has revision 1.118 for interface_gui.c as a template
for any other forms that might need similar treatment.

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 08:26 -0500, Dale Seaburg wrote:
> I haven't scanned the wiki or the source code before zapping off this
> quick email and heading for work.  Here's my problem:
>
> I have a UMPC with a vertically-challenged screen (1024x600).  That
> makes it very difficult - OK, impossible gui-wise - to edit and save
> the tnc-kiss parameters - I can't see the Save/Cancel buttons.  That
> window, screen, form (whatever C++ calls it) needs to be resizable
> with at least a vertical scrollbar.  I'm OK horizontally.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1.  What kind of an IDE do the maintainers use for xastir screen
> development, if any (I assume so).
> 2.  Assumimg a gui IDE, does it provide the code for scrollbars,
> resizing handles (widgets?), or are these up to the developer to roll-
> their-own?
> 3.  What section of code do I look for if I want to attempt making
> this change myself.
>
> I am familiar with C# and it's excellent IDE, especially for doing
> what I need done to a form such as I mentioned above.  But, C++ is
> about as foreign to me as a third language (let alone a second
> language)!
>
> 73 - Dale.  KG5LT

Jerry Stueve <K4INT at ARRL.Net>
GPG Fingerprint: 649A D922 01E7 3D72 0170  518F C49B 810C 5A0B 7597