[Xastir] Window resizing

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Wed Apr 8 08:55:30 EDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Curt WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Dale Seaburg wrote:
>
>> I have the latest Xubuntu (8.10) loaded on my Samsung Q1U.  It
>> came bundled
>> with xastr 1.9.2.  Tonight, I will upgrade to the latest (1.9.5)
>> and do more
>> testing.  Perhaps at that time I can get what Gerry has contributed.
>
> Switch to using CVS (also 1.9.5 currently, but newer than any
> snapshot releases) and you'll have Gerry's tweaks.
>
> If you'd still like to send patches to any particular dialog or
> dialogs, we're happy to accept!
>
> One caveat is that it takes a bit of time for one of us to test the
> changes before committing them.  Of course if one gets more involved
> in doing changes there's always the possibility of getting developer
> status:  No waiting in that case.  There are 15 of us so far.

Well, it's time for me to backup what I've done so far on the Q1U so
I don't lose that effort.  Then, I need to rethink, as in start over
with, my Xubuntu install of 8.10.  I did the out-of-the-box install
with no customization.  In retrospect that was a mistake.  As I
recall from my earlier years of playing with Linux (before the gui's
of today), I would do the developer's install.  I need to do the same
for Xubuntu.

When I tried to recompile xastir 1.9.5, I ran into more "missing"
lib's, tools, etc than you can shake a stick at.  I spent my whole
evening trying to chase each missing component.  Often, a missing
component needed something else for *it* to work.  Sheesh!  What a
rat-race.  That's when the lightbulb turned on and I remembered back
to my earlier days of linux and the developer install option.  I am
backing up my effort on the Q1U as I write this.  Tonight, I'll do
the Xubunto 8.10 install *again* choosing the custom path.  There may
be an easier method, but it's not obvious to me at the moment.  I
finally got openMotif to compile - I couldn't find any of the Xm/XM*
stuff needed by xastir.  But, I still am getting an error when trying
to compile pcre.  lcms compiled OK.  gdal installed OK by apt-get.
And, on it goes like a cat chasing it's tail...

I'll keep my mouth shut for a while until I get my head screwed back
on correctly...  ;-)

73 - Dale.  KG5LT