[Xastir] WX updates and comments

Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI aa9vi at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 12:00:46 EDT 2009

A Ui-View defctor is now on board.

1. Does anyone know how to change the default WX report from 30 mins to 15?  I thought there was a slider in there to change that.  I did change it, but reports are still every 30 mins.  Perhaps I have to save config and restart for changes to take effect?

2. Is there a way to send a comment following the WX report?  It's easy with UI-View. I need help with xastir. I think it sends fine with normal station config, but when I add in WX station I don't see it on the output packet on aprs.fi.

3. TNC stuff.  I finally got my AEA PK-96 to work with xastir, but under regular TNC mode.  Is there a way I can get it to work in KISS mode?  There is a default startup script that xastir has in it for AEA that allows it to work in TNC regular mode.  How to I set up this script for KISS mode?

Thanks,
Mike, AA9VI