[Xastir] Trouble Compiling (Mac OS X)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 10 18:31:27 EDT 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, C. Griffin wrote:

> I was able to get GM installed on two machines (new laptop & the Mini).
> Compile went fine on the Mini. On the laptop I am getting a
> "XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
> /sw/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm" error when I try to run Xastir. All other
> things between the two machines seem to be the same, so I'm not sure why the
> bomb. And clues as to what to look for?

Did you install Xastir via a couple of different methods on the
laptop, and run Xastir under one of them?

It's likely either that your ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file has
incorrect paths for your current installation, or that you forgot to
do the "make install" bit as the root user.

In other words, either Xastir is looking in the wrong place for
needed files (the config file has the wrong paths), or the needed
files didn't get installed.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer