[Xastir] Trouble Compiling (Mac OS X)

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Fri Apr 10 18:25:59 EDT 2009

I was able to get GM installed on two machines (new laptop & the
Mini). Compile went fine on the Mini. On the laptop I am getting a
"XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found? /sw/share/xastir/symbols/
2x2.xbm" error when I try to run Xastir. All other things between the
two machines seem to be the same, so I'm not sure why the bomb. And
clues as to what to look for?

On Apr 10, 2009, at 16:48, C. Griffin wrote:

> I tried to install GraphicsMagic manually (not available in Fink), I
> was unsuccessful. I couldn't get it to see libtiff even though it's
> installed. So I installed ImageMagick using Fink. But when I compile
> Xastir it says I have neither. So I can't view raster maps. So I
> started Xastir anyway. But it wouldn't let me select any of the line
> maps (auto select wouldn't work). I kept trying things and
> recompiling. Eventually I got something working because now I can
> see the line maps. But I'd still like to get the rasters working.

-- Chip
      n1mie at mac.com