[Xastir] ./configure issue

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:08:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Keith Kaiser <wa0tjt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jason, pretend I know nothing about how to add the appropriate -R....thingy
> to the link command and give me the syntax.

That message, while correct, was a bit terse.  I have never needed to
set anything with xastir, as it does The Right Thing with the shared
libraries.

I really suspect your problem is due to some remnants of an earlier
install (specifically lurking somewhere on your system.  If you ever
tried installing motif from source by hand (i.e. not fink or
macports), go to the source directory and do a  "sudo make uninstall"
(that's UNinstall) to try and get rid of it.

I'd be tempted to blow away both fink and macports entirely, and maybe
even blow away /usr/local - scorch it all back to bare ground and
start over, but that's getting kinda drastic.

-Jason
kg4wsv