[Xastir] ./configure issue

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:43:28 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Keith Kaiser <wa0tjt at gmail.com> wrote:
> HOLY CRAP!
>
> It configured and installed and ran. I don't have any maps for some reason,
> the output of the configure is below.

You should see shapefile maps as plain black lines, and not much else
at this point (maybe APRS maps and GNIS files?)

> I'd like to add dbfawk support as well
> as online tiger maps and such,

For dbfawk you need pcre, which installs easily from source with the
typical "./configure;make;sudo make install" commands.

For online and other raster maps, you'll need ImageMagick or
GraphicsMagick, which have libjpg, libtiff, libpng, etc as
prerequisites.  I have an old version of ImageMagick installed; if I
were downloading it today I'd go with the now-preferred
GraphicsMagick.  all of these should also build and install with
./configure;make;sudo make install.

-Jason
kg4wsv