[Xastir] Town/Subdivision Names in shapefiles (static Tigermaps)

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Tue Apr 14 14:12:16 EDT 2009

Hi  guys,

I am attempting to "fix" up my Tigermaps I've downloaded and have
been playing/using these past couple of weeks.  I don't see any Town
(subdivision) names.  I have looked at and made some minor changes to
the cousub(00).dbfawk files.  I see the county Town names in the .dbf
file.  Once I get home this afternoon, I'll flesh this out a bit more
with detail.  I have tried several things such as raise the display
level and added a label level (using a road/trail dbfawk rule as an
example), but still no success.

I've been over the HowTo:DBFAWK, README.MAPS and 2008 TIGER/Line
Shapefiles docs - perhaps not thoroughly, though.  Has anyone else
had success with getting Town/City names to appear?

73 - Dale.  KG5LT