[Xastir] Saving serial snapshots

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at Centurytel.net
Wed Apr 15 17:45:15 EDT 2009

Thanks, Curt........

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009, Jim Tolbert wrote:
>
>> I think I remember someone describing a method of saving serial png
>> snapshots.  I have searched all the saved posting that I have, but
>> have not come up with it.  Could someone repost or redirect  me to it?
>
> If you mean saving snapshots so that you could play them back as a
> movie later or something, you'd have to write a script that would
> rename them in sequence after they were written by Xastir.  Each one
> gets written to the same name as-is.
>
> Or you could modify Xastir source code to name them based on the
> date/time so that each was different.

What would be the best way?  Would it be difficult?  How should I attack
it?  I have my openSUSE 11.0 Bible manual out and getting ready to go.

I should have it done by morning......  Ignorance is bliss! <grin>
Seriously, though.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have four of Scott's new T2-301 all in one devices ready for field
testing this weekend!!

Another question....  Is there a place where I could post some photos
and screen shots after the field tests?

Thanks again................. jt  , KC9MXT